BSC program and services are provided to enrolled degree candidates in the following schools:
- Harvard College
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Graduate School of Education
- Harvard Kennedy School
- Harvard Extension School (by referral from the Extension School)
BSC staff members are available to consult with students, faculty, instructors, teaching fellows, coaches, administrators, student organizations and others on any issue that affects students' lives and activities at Harvard.
Degree candidates at the Harvard Extension School have access to academic counseling, peer tutoring, and ESL peer consultation on referral by the School’s Undergraduate Degree Programs Office at (617) 495-4024. Extension School students are eligible for workshops offered through CARC.
All other degree programs:
Please contact your program director for information on academic counseling and advising services available for your school.
The Harvard Course in Reading and Study Strategies is open to all.
Services are provided at no charge, except for those listed below.
Harvard Course in Reading and Study Strategies
- Standard fee: $150
- Harvard College and GSAS degree candidates: $25
- Extension School degree candidates: $75
- Standard fee: $18/hour
- Harvard College degree candidates: $7/hour for the first 10 hours per course per term; $14/hour thereafter (the rest is subsidized by Harvard College)
ESL Peer Consultation
- Standard fee: $16/hour
- Harvard College degree candidates: $7/hour for the first 10 hours per course per term; $14/hour thereafter (the rest is subsidized by Harvard College).
Students receiving financial aid from Harvard will be awarded assistance to cover their peer tutoring fees in proportion to their financial aid packages. The BSC communicates confidentially to the Financial Aid Office the amount of fees billed to students so that financial aid can be credited directly to eligible students' term bills at the end of each term. If you have a financial aid package and would like to know the amount you will be credited, please contact your financial aid officer or email Harvard College Financial Aid Office.
Students interested in receiving funding for ESL peer consultation should contact Patrick O'Brien, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs.
GSE, HKS, and HBS Doctoral Program
Please consult your program director.
Harvard Extension School
Subsidies are available for degree candidates only; please contact with the Undergraduate Degree Programs Office at 617-495-9413.