The ESL Peer Consultation program offers acculturation and conversational support to help students who are non-native English speakers fine-tune their speaking and listening skills, understand local idioms, learn more about the U.S. and Harvard cultures, or practice for oral presentations.
Students seek ESL peer consultation to become:
- effective learners in English
- engaged participants in class discussions
- effective oral presenters of intellectual ideas
- fluent conversationalists in English
- culturally aware members of the Harvard community
ESL Peer Consultants do not provide writing or editing help. Consultation meetings must take place in person; meetings via electronic media are not allowed.
The program runs during the fall and spring term, and is not offered during Winter Break or the summer months.