BSC Peer Tutor Registration
Please register at tutoring.fas.harvard.edu.
Tutors may not accept a tutoring job until their forms have been completed and processed and they have completed the mandatory online tutor training. Register early as some employment forms take up to 2 weeks to process. Please contact the BSC with questions at 617-495-2581 or email email@example.com.
BSC Peer Tutor Fellow Application
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2016.
In order to begin working, you must file the required documents below. Tutors who were previously employed by the BSC or any other FAS department or office do not need to refile these forms. Employment at FAS includes Harvard College libraries, dorm crew, etc. but does not include Radcliffe.
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- Visit PeopleSoft to complete Federal W4 and Massachusetts M4 tax withholding forms. Paper forms are also available but it is preferable to use PeopleSoft.
When submitting your I-9 form, you must present two forms of ID. Please see the list of Valid forms of ID included in the I-9 form.
For information on how to fill out your employment verification and tax forms, please go to Starting a New Job page on the Student Employment Office website or Tax Information for Students page on the IRS website.
In addition to the I-9 form listed above, please bring the following documents with you to the BSC
- immigration and visa documents (I-94 and I-20)
- social security card
If you do not have a social security number, please come to the BSC (5 Linden Street) to obtain a job offer letter. For more information about the employment process for international students, please go to the Student Employment Office website.
If you have questions about your employment and tax forms, please visit University Financial Services at 1033 Massachusetts Avenue, 2nd floor.
Before you begin tutoring
- All tutors must complete an online tutor training each year. After your forms have been processed, an email will be sent to you from the BSC with a link to this mandatory online training.
- Sign up for an in-house tutor orientation session through the online peer tutor training. You may begin tutoring.