The BSC offers an English as a Second Language (ESL) Peer Consultation program for international students who are interested in improving their English language oral skills. This program assists students to become:
- effective learners in English
- engaged participants in class discussions
- effective oral presenters of intellectual ideas
- fluent conversationalists in English
- culturally aware members of the Harvard community
Peer consultants cannot assist with writing or editing papers. Consultation sessions are one-on-one and are expected to take place in person, rather than electronically (e.g., via email, video chat, or social networks). The program runs during the academic year and is not offered during the summer months.