BWISE: BSC Fellows for a Whole Integrated Student Experience
BWISE is a group of undergraduates who are committed to helping other students develop and thrive in their learning at Harvard College. They work with the BSC in a volunteer capacity.
Become a BSC Fellow!
Applications accepted through March 7th!
BSC Fellows participate in workshops and other programming for students, join in BSC-based discussions with faculty members and freshman advisers, advise the BSC on its services and programs, and partner with student organizations to create student-initiated events. Together with the BSC staff, the BSC Fellows work to guide and inspire students to approach their learning with strategy, skill, and a spirit of curiosity and to discover a sense of what is authentically motivating and meaningful for them in their life and learning at Harvard. BSC Fellows serve in a volunteer capacity. The time commitment is roughly 3 hours per week, including a weekly meeting at the BSC.
- designing and implementing BWISE-initiated events and programs (such as workshops, open-mic events, and study breaks)
- participating in BSC events and programs (such as workshops and open houses)
- advising the BSC about its programs and services
- partnering with other student organizations and College offices to sponsor joint events
- educating students about BSC services in both formal and informal contexts
Examples of events and programs that BWISE undergraduate fellows consulted to and/or participated in include:
- “How to Harvard: Strategies for Smart Studying” (August 2014)
- “Happy, Healthy Harvard” (August 2014)
- “Warm Up to Reading Period,” campus-wide study break (December 2014)
- Yard entryway study break (December 2014)
- “Living a Balanced Enough Life at Harvard” (February 2015)
for staff and faculty:
- Board of Freshman Advisers (BFA) discussion on “Listening to and Talking with Advisees: The Language of Life and Learning” (October 2014)
- Board of Freshman Advisers (BFA) discussion on “Advising First-Generation Students” (November 2014)
- BSC Focus Groups
- Freshman Parents Open House (November 2014)
- Junior Parents Open House (February 2015)
Become a BSC Fellow
If you are a Harvard College undergraduate with a passion for helping other students thrive in their undergraduate learning experience at Harvard, consider joining BWISE (BSC Fellows for a Whole Integrated Student Experience). We're looking for energetic student volunteers from a variety of Houses who are interested in planning, publicizing, and participating in workshops and other events.
Please download a BSC Fellow application and return your completed application to all three program supervisors listed below. Deadline: 11:59pm, Monday, March 7, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact any of the following BWISE supervisors: